– Area residents looking to properly dispose of unused prescription medications have several options to do so, said Reps. Garth Everett (R-Lycoming/Union) and Jeff Wheeland (R-Lycoming).
This Saturday, the Montoursville State Police Barracks, located at 899 Cherry St
., will participate in the National Drug Take Back Day initiative, collecting medications from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There are several other locations throughout the county with permanent collection boxes for people who are unable to take part in Saturday’s event.
“Proper disposal of unused prescription medications is a vital component of the effort to combat the growing problem of drug abuse in addiction in our communities and throughout the state,” Everett said.
“I encourage people to clean out their medicine cabinets to ensure these drugs do not fall into the wrong hands and further contribute to the drug abuse challenges we face,” Wheeland added.
The lawmakers noted the following locations that offer permanent prescription drug drop boxes. In most locations, the service is not available at all hours, so residents are encouraged to contact the agency or location before going there.
- Hughesville Borough Police Department, 147 S. Fifth St., Hughesville. 570-584-211.
- Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department, 129 S. Pennsylvania Ave., Jersey Shore. 570-398-2146
- Weis Markets – Jersey Shore, 1440 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore. 570-398-7757.
- Montoursville Police Department, 617 N. Loyalsock Ave., Montoursville. 570-368-2488.
- Weis Markets – Montoursville, 801 Loyalsock Ave., Montoursville. 570-368-5599.
- Muncy Borough Police Department, 14 N. Washington St., Muncy. 570-329-4060.
- Townville Pharmacy and Ben Franklin Store, 2195 Route 442, Muncy. 570-546-8272.
- Weis Markets – Muncy, 1272 E. Penn St., Muncy. 570-546-7228.
- South Williamsport Police Department, 329-331 W. Southern Ave., South Williamsport. 570-327-8152.
- City of Williamsport Police Department, 245 W. Fourth St., Williamsport. 570-327-7548.
- Lycoming County Sheriff’s Department, 48 W. Third St., Williamsport. 570-327-2280.
- Old Lycoming Township Police Department, 1951 Green Ave., Suite 2, Williamsport. 570-323-4987.
- Penn College Police Department, 200 College Ave., Williamsport. 570-321-5555.
- Weis Markets – Williamsport, 1916 Lycoming Creek Road, Williamsport. 570-326-5144.
- Weis Markets – Williamsport, 305 River Ave., Williamsport. 570-322-5597.
For more information about drug and alcohol programs in the Commonwealth, visit ddap.pa.gov
Representative Jeff C. Wheeland
83rd Legislative District
Rep. Garth Everett
84th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Raymond Smith